jump to navigation

2010 Tax Filing Due Dates | Tax Tip of the Week | No. 84 March 16, 2011

Posted by bradstreetblogger in : Tax Tip, Taxes, Uncategorized , trackback

The following is summary of due dates to timely file your 2010 tax returns.  Please keep in mind that amounts owed on tax returns do not get extended and are due on the original filing date.  Note:  All of these due dates assume you are using a calendar year-end accounting period.  If you are using a fiscal year-end accounting system then call us for your due dates.


Form 1120 & 1120S Due:  3/15/11   Extensions:  use Form 7004 Due:  9/15/11


Form 1065  Due:  4/18/11  Extensions:  use Form 7004 Due:  9/15/11

Fiduciary Returns

Form 1041  Due:  4/18/11  Extensions:  use Form 7004 Due:  9/15/11

Individual Returns

Form 1040  Due:  4/18/11  Extensions:  use Form 4868 Due:  10/17/11

If your business is formed as a Limited Liability Company (LLC) your due dates and filing forms are based upon elections you have or have not made to the IRS.  Individual LLCs are taxed as a sole proprietorship on Form 1040, Schedule C.  Multi member LLCs are taxed as a partnership on Form 1065.  If you have filed an election to the IRS to be taxed as a corporation, then the LLC will file either a Form 1120 or Form 1120S depending on the type of election you made.

Don’t file late!!! The penalties add up in a hurry!

Give us a call if you need help meeting your due dates.

You can contact us in Dayton at 937-436-3133 and in Xenia at 937-372-3504.  Or visit our website.

Rick Prewitt – the guy behind TTW

…until next week.


1. Paul Davidson - October 31, 2014

Great article. Thanks for the info, you made it easy to understand. BTW, if anyone needs to fill out a form 7004, I found a blank form here http://goo.gl/IjUUn5. This site PDFfiller also has some tutorials on how to fill it out and a few related tax forms that you might find useful.